THINGS TO CONSIDER:
• Dogs may come to you with kennel cough. You are required to have your personal dogs vaccinated for kennel cough.
• You must attend Meet & Greets twice a month. Of course, you can attend more often.
• Dogs are probably not housebroken when they come to you.
• You must take your foster dog(s) to vet appointments. All vet bills are paid by CSDR, not by you.
• You may have to administer medication(s).
• Foster dogs that are un-altered and not current on vaccinations cannot attend Meet & Greets.
By signing below, I hereby accept a position as a Volunteer for Chihuahua & Small Dog Rescue, Inc., once I am approved and have attend orientation and training as a poster parent and on the following understandings:
1. My services to CSDR are provided strictly in a voluntary capacity as a Volunteer, without any express or implied promise of salary, compensation, or other payment of any kind whatsoever.
2. My services are provided without any employment-type benefits, including employment insurance programs, worker's compensation, or any accrual of vacation of sick time.
3. I will familiarize myself and comply with CSDR's policies and procedures applicable to Volunteers. In particular, I fully understand that CSDR expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of animals. I will strictly adhere to these standards.
4. I understand that CSDR, without notice or hearing, may terminate my services as a Volunteer at any time, with or without reason.
5. Method of dress - appropriate clothing (no short-shorts, low cut blouses or tops and no holes in clothes) when representing CSDR.
1. I understand that the handling of animals and other Volunteer activities on behalf of CSDR may place me in a hazardous situation & could result in injury to me or my personal property. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives & assigns:
I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless CSDR and its directors, officers and agents from any and all claims, causes of action and demands of any nature, whether known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with my Volunteer actives.
2. I understand that CSDR is not responsible in the unlikely event of any personal pets becoming ill while I am volunteering with CSDR. Preventive measures will be discussed in detail throughout training and it is my responsibility to perform these measures responsibly. I understand that it is important that all of my personal pets are current on all of their shots including Bordetella (Kennel Cough) vaccine. Also, I know that it is necessary that I wash my hands thoroughly before leaving a CSDR event, take my shoes off before I enter my house, and change my clothes before I socialize with my personal pets. If I perform all of these measures, it is highly unlikely that my personal pets should become ill. However, if they do become ill, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless CSDR and its directors, officers and agents from any and all claims.
3. I understand that public relations is an important part of a Volunteer's activities on behalf of CSDR. I hereby authorize CSDR to use any photographs of me in its possession for public relation purposes.
I ask that CSDR use reasonable efforts to give me advance notice of any such use, but such notification is not a condition to release photographs for public relation purposes.
I understand that by becoming a volunteer, I am joining a team of volunteers that are committed to saving lives. I understand that CSDR is a 100% volunteer organization and everyone depends on each other.
If I fail to do what I promise to do then another volunteer will have to cover for me and that could mean someone has to take unpaid time off from work.
I give CSDR permission to verify any information given in this application.